I’m gradually replacing my Soundcloud tracks with better recordings/mixes, but you can see the whole lot here.
The tracks listed on this page are just the ones already replaced, and replacing them all will take a while. Strangely enough, the first batch were all instrumentals.
- Lady Mary (The Sad Song). Unusually for me, an instrumental version of a traditional(-ish) song.
- Carpentry. An instrumental version of my setting of ‘The Carpenter’s Son’, a poem by A.E. Housman from A Shropshire Lad.
- Moonflow III. A guitar piece with several overdubs. Also available as a video with some nice (IMHO) photos.
- Faintly Fahey: a slide guitar piece that isn’t really that much like John Fahey.
- Fainter Fahey: a non-slide version of the same piece that sounds even less like John Fahey.
- Remastered Quartet For One
- Never Look Back: a synth-heavy vaguely rock-ish song.
- Two Is A Silence remastered
- Remastered Long Stand – a piece about apprentice hazing written for a 1980s revue directed by Margaret Ford.
- The Wild Swans at Coole – my setting of the poem by William Butler Yeats. There are two versions on this site, though, that combine the setting with an instrumental by way of introduction: Swifts and Swans
- Song of Chivalry (live version) remastered – the article on this site here, though, includes another version, also using a Nashville-tuned guitar.
- Let Me Lie Easy
Also on Soundcloud, an interview with Craig Freeman of West Kernow Sounds and Coast FM: Craig also played three of my studio tracks.