I don’t actually feel that video is my natural home. I get frustrated by the rough patches in my live videos, and I don’t have the resources or the skills to put together a professional non-live video. Still, there are a few videos up now where a reasonable audio version has been combined with some appropriate photos, and (a few) people seem to like them. I’ve added them to a page on this site here as part of my ongoing tidy of the site, and if I do any more, that’s where I’ll add them. But here are the ones that are there already.
[Tracks 1 and 2, words and music (c) David Harley. Tracks 3 and 4, music (c) David Harley. Track 5, words by David Harley based on an article by Ron Nurse; music by David Harley.]
[All vocals and instruments by David Harley. Photographs and artwork (c) David and/or Judith Harley.]
- Wrekin – a song about Shropshire, with particular reference to the section of the Marches Line that runs through it. Much more information here.
- Cornish Ghosts – a song about the part of Cornwall in which I live. More information here.
- Painting the Desert – a slide instrumental accompanied by photos from a trip to Arizona and thereabouts.
- Moonflow III – another instrumental, this time with multi-tracked guitars (no, that’s not a real sitar). Photos from Stonehenge and York.
- Thomas Anderson (actually a podcast rebuilt with photographs of Shrewsbury, where most of the events of the song took place.) More information on the song and historical background here.